Why is it important?
- Out of the 600 million teen girls across the world, more than 90% of those living in developed countries will receive little to no pay once they enter the workforce.
- Abuse and exploitation are common. Approximately 603 million women still live in countries where domestic violence is not considered a crime.
- As much as $28 trillion dollars could be added to the global GDP if we reach gender equality by 2025.
- Out of the 757 million adults in the world who cannot read or write, two out of three are women.
- 41 million girls living in developing countries are denied a primary education
- 71 percent of human trafficking victims are women and girls
- 40 percent of women don’t identify with the women they see in the media and advertising
- Women only account for 4.8% of Fortune 500 CEOs and 22% of global parliamentarians
This International Day of the Girl, Saski Collection is celebrating empowering women and girls, promoting gender eqaulity and female education.
Educating, challenging, inspiring girls to become their best, is one of the most sustainable ways to empower entire communities. With i=Change we donate $1 from each purchase to one of three incredible charities. We want to shift product to purpose and ensure we are highlighting all of the amazing work that we are able to achieve with these projects:
We are so happy to be supporting i=Change and the amazing projects that they work with. Every donation, share and thought counts.